[zeromq-dev] Titanic SP with encrypted data transfer

Jovan Kostovski chombium at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 10:52:35 CET 2012

Thank you very much for the answer Pieter,

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 12:23 AM, Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Jovan Kostovski <chombium at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I know that ZeroMQ supports TLS
>> shared keys encryption...
>
> It doesn't, yet, unfortunately.

Hm... I know that ZMQ does not support it by it self,but I saw some
example[1] which use TLS shared key encryption, so I wanted now what
are the options...

> If you need encryption, you will need to either do it at a lower layer
> (VPN)
If I use VPN it won't affect the the ZMQ sockets and messages, It
would just be a ZMQ communication through a secure channel, right.

> You can also encrypt per message, using pre-shared keys, which is the
> least nasty option IMO.

I think I'll go for this solution because it does not affect the ZMQ
messaging layer and it would be easy just to encrypt the message
payload (the message bodies)

> I do hope we find a better general solution at some stage; you are not
> the only person who hits this.

Are there any ideas how to support this except the once on
http://www.zeromq.org/topics:encryption ?
I'm willing to help in the development

BR, Jovan