[zeromq-dev] Paranoid Pirate Pattern and transferring files.

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Dec 11 12:31:45 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Артур Юнусов <mc.yunusov at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've found PPP very helpful for my purpose. But it has some limitations -
> when I run several workers, only one of them really works, the rest almost
> constantly reconnecting to queue.

Sounds like a heartbeating problem. You should be able to find out
what's going on and fix it.

> And I tried to append file transferring to PPP for both sides - from client
> to servers and vice versa, but example with pipelining doesn't work, because
> credits spoil everything. I need to wait while broker sends excess request
> and server process them as invalid.

You are sending files to workers on a LRU basis? That's going to be a
little complex.

You've read Chapter 7 of the Guide and how to do flow control for file
transfer. You will need to make a simple protocol where each worker
can request a chunk, either 'next file' or 'next chunk in file xyz'.