[zeromq-dev] Using libsdp and zeromq

Michael Rissi michael.rissi at dectris.com
Wed Aug 29 11:23:25 CEST 2012

>> Being clever in zeromq and unsetting HAVE_SOCK_CLOEXEC will not help, as
the
>> zeromq server will
>> crash sooner or later when exiting a client.
>>

>Nothing will crash. It will leak socket if you will run "exec" call or
>fork then exec. Which is usually avoidable in zeromq apps. To remove
>memory leak you can use one of the techniques, described here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/899038/getting-the-highest-allocated-file-descriptor

Dear Paul,
Thanks for the quick answer! Unfortunately, the zeromq server does crash,
with a thrown error:

Invalid argument (stream_engine.cpp:323).
Aborted (core dumped)

or with this error:
Assertion failed: !more (lb.cpp:95)
Aborted (core dumped)

I use a simple push server, and a pull client.
What I did is commenting out
//#define ZMQ_HAVE_SOCK_CLOEXEC 1
in platform.hpp, compile, start the server and the client, and kill the
client (with ctrl c). There is no
fork or exec in my code.

Best regards,
Michael