[zeromq-dev] Compilation fails when NDEBUG is enabled.

Arthur O'Dwyer arthur at push.am
Sat Aug 25 19:20:32 CEST 2012

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 1:20 AM, Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 1:56 AM, Arthur O'Dwyer <arthur at push.am> wrote:
>
>> I hit the ones that looked most like real bugs and filed a pull request.
>> https://github.com/zeromq/libzmq/pull/413
>>
>> Interestingly, the "just strange code" at src\zmq.cpp(489) did seem to
>> have a real bug, after all.
>
> Thanks for these fixes. Very nice. If you want them to go into 3.2
> stable, could you make an issue in Jira and then also a pull request
> for that repo (zeromq3-x).

No thanks, I've got too many things in my Github already.  Someone else
can do it.  Remember, I only forked libzmq in the first place because it
was the only way to get any attention for that one-line Thumb2 patch.

(Btw, wouldn't it make sense for "3.2 stable" to be a release branch off of
"libzmq", rather than a whole separate repo? Then you wouldn't have to
ask everyone to make two copies of their patches.)

-Arthur