[zeromq-dev] Server/Client: Like a duplex connection

Michel Pelletier pelletier.michel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 19:20:36 CEST 2012

I would suggest you use two sockets, one a XPUB->XSUB for the one to
many broadcast and subscription sending information and the second a
DEALER->DEALER for the bi/unidirectional one to one communication.
You could use threads to service each socket, or an event loop
approach with zmq_poll, or whatever event support your particular
language binding implements.  For example the python zmq library comes
with a simple event loop library and support for gevent.

-Michel