[zeromq-dev] Does ZeroMQ have any loopback benchmark?

Julie Anderson julie.anderson.uk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 18:20:43 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am comparing ZeroMQ latencies with the ones from our current system.

>From my system benchmarks I was able to get a round trip time as low as 8
micros with an average of 10 micros on loopback (127.0.0.1).

I see from this paper <http://www.zeromq.org/results:10gbe-tests-v031> that
ZeroMQ has a latency almost 6 times bigger than that but that was NOT
loopback.

Does ZeroMQ have any *loopback* tests or benchmarks that I can check?

If not, what latency do you expect from ZeroMQ over loopback in the same
machine?

-J