[zeromq-dev] Server/Client: Like a duplex connection

Ricardo Wickel ricardo.wickel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 17:14:31 CEST 2012

Hallo Community,

I have read several times the sections "Core Messaging Patterns" in the
Guide and "socket types" in zmq_socket (3), but I don't get the stuff  :)

Once before thank you for your help!

I have the following scenario
- 1 server, n clients
- each client can send requests to server (both types: two-way and one-way)
- each client can subscribe to server with specific "filter" (maybe
prefix?!)
- server responds to client requests (if two-way requests)
- server publish messages to specific subscribed clients (for specific
filter/prefix)

Unfortunately I still do not know how I can do this duplex connection.
Do you have an idea or recommendation?

Maybe the solution is the double of "PUB and SUB" and "REQ and REP".
And how should I manage the two threads on both sides?

If you have any code for me C#, C++, C is fine.

Thanks,
Ricardo