[zeromq-dev] Compilation fails when NDEBUG is enabled.

Arthur O'Dwyer arthur at push.am
Fri Aug 24 06:13:09 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 3:53 PM, Arthur O'Dwyer <arthur at push.am> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Chernyshev Vyacheslav <astellar at ro.ru> wrote:
>>
>> #1  zmq::ctx_t::monitor_event () at ctx.cpp:405
>> #2  zmq::socket_base_t::monitor_event () at socket_base.cpp:1004
>> #3  zmq::session_base_t::monitor_event () at session_base.cpp:293
>>
>> What this code does is passing va_list as a parameter to
>> zmq::socket_base_t::monitor_event [a variadic function]...
>
> Good catch!  Btw, I've asked one of my friends if he can run libzmq
> through Green Hills MULTI --- which diagnoses this species of bug out
> of the box --- to catch any other low-hanging fruit.

Bad news; my friend at Green Hills and his management are unwilling to
bug-hunt on ZMQ's behalf. :(  If anyone out there has access to a
compiler (not necessarily GHS's) with good diagnostics or static
analysis, I encourage you to run ZMQ through it and post the results,
either here or via email to me.  I volunteer to turn the diagnostics
into patches.

-Arthur