[zeromq-dev] Compilation fails when NDEBUG is enabled.

Arthur O'Dwyer arthur at push.am
Fri Aug 24 00:53:15 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Chernyshev Vyacheslav <astellar at ro.ru> wrote:

> #1  zmq::ctx_t::monitor_event () at ctx.cpp:405
> #2  zmq::socket_base_t::monitor_event () at socket_base.cpp:1004
> #3  zmq::session_base_t::monitor_event () at session_base.cpp:293
>
> What this code does is passing va_list as a parameter to
> zmq::socket_base_t::monitor_event [a variadic function]...

Good catch!  Btw, I've asked one of my friends if he can run libzmq
through Green Hills MULTI --- which diagnoses this species of bug out
of the box --- to catch any other low-hanging fruit.

> As zmq::socket_base_t::monitor_event is used on its own, probably there
> have to be 2 versions of this function. One that has ellipsis and one
> that accepts valist, something like printf/vprintf family.

Yep, I agree with this analysis.

> P.S. Chernyshev is my last name. I know that neither it, nor my first
> name are easy to type/pronounce for English-speaking people, so you can
> just type Slava (it is a short form of first name) when required to
> avoid copy-pasting :)

Oops. If I had paid more attention, I would have noticed that
Vyacheslav was more likely to be a first name than was Chernyshev. My
apologies. :)

-Arthur