[zeromq-dev] Talk about ZeroMQ

andrea crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 19:40:24 CEST 2012

Hi everyone, I'm not 100% sure yet but in the next PyConUK
(http://2012.pyconuk.net/) I should give a talk about zeromq..

I decided to propose it because I was going to learn it for work, and I
hope I'll be ready for the end of September.

Anyway suggestions are welcome, and it would be nice if I could post
write here my ideas so that you can correct me..

I only have half an hour and the idea is to introduce very briefly
zeromq and why is really and then jump in the code, showing how you can
transform an ugly MT application in a nice distributed zeromq-based
thing.

So for example I'll decided which sockets to choose, how to implement a
simple protocol and a short demo of the whole thing running..

Ideally I'll write the code during the talk, having a copy already done
just in case, so that it's more interactive.

What do you think?
Anything I can have a look at?