[zeromq-dev] zeromq3-x test failing

Mike Chesnut mchesnut at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 00:16:58 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 1:50 AM, Sebastian Lauwers
<sebastian.lauwers at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22/08/12 02:55, Mike Chesnut wrote:
>> I'm trying to build from the latest git head of zeromq3-x.  When it
>> gets to running 'make check', 1 of the 18 tests (test_shutdown_stress)
>> fails with a segfault.
>
> Indeed, I've noticed this behaviour as well, but assumed it was my
> compiler doing crazy things. I'm running a development version of clang.
>
> The reason I thought so is because the issue is only reproducible when
> running with optimisations activated (-O1 or above, no -O flag or -O0
> works fine).

Thanks for the info, this is very interesting.  Unfortunately in my
environment the segfault still occurs no matter which level of
optimization I use (I've tried -O2, -O1, and -O0 now).

Is there further information I can provide to help in debugging this?

Thanks,
Mike