[zeromq-dev] jeromq - java pojo zeromq

jonas.adler at epiq.se jonas.adler at epiq.se
Wed Aug 22 11:05:32 CEST 2012

Hello!

Let me first say that this is awesome, and I really love the amount of
work you have put into this!

However! I cannot get it to work on windows :(

I try using this bit of code:

public class TestZMQ {

		// Prepare our context and subscriber
		ZMQ.Context context = ZMQ.context(1);
		ZMQ.Socket subscriber = context.socket(ZMQ.SUB);

                // Connect to server
		subscriber.connect("tcp://localhost:5563");
		while (true) {
			// Read envelope with address
			String address = new String(subscriber.recv(0));
			// Read message contents
			String contents = new String(subscriber.recv(0));
			System.out.println(address + " : " + contents);
		}
	}
}

but the program hangs on subscriber.recv(0)!

Following the call stack i see that the program gets stuck on:

which calls:

WindowsSelectorImpl(SelectorImpl).selectNow()

Anyone else has this issue? Or any idea on how to solve it? I have tried
some debugging, and i know that on a TCP level, i am connected to the
server...