[zeromq-dev] Need help in creating multiple publisher and subscribers

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Wed Aug 22 09:48:14 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 9:17 AM, girish kumar <girishbangaram at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. We have a scenario where there are multiple publishers(threads) and
> multiple subscribers(threads). We are not able to understand a model in zero
> MQ, that works for this scenario.

Bind the side that has the least less dynamic IP addresses, connect
the others to them.  If you really have a cloud of pubs and subs all
dynamically coming and going, use a device in the middle (forwarder)
with a known IP address.

>   - As zero MQ sockets are not thread safe, can we make zero MQ sockets
> threadsafe by applying explicit locks?.

It's a bad idea from several aspects, leads to poor design and
unstable code. 0MQ sockets are not thread safe because well-designed
0MQ apps use messages to communicate, not locks.

> 2. Another problem is we are running some performance tests for best
> results. We would like to know the highest possible numbers(latency and
> throughput) achieved with zero MQ.

You can use the performance tests in the perf/ subdirectory.