[zeromq-dev] proper usage fan-out model

Ian Barber ian.barber at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 21:55:12 CEST 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 7:20 AM, Alexander Voron
<voron.alexander at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for link, it's quite felpful.
>
> I wrote test program sends the same message to 2 endpoints. It sends
> messages to both clients starting from 2nd message. The first message
> is recieved by first client (192.168.0.1) twice, the second client
> (localhost) doesn't recieve anything.

PUB/SUB will send the same message to multiple subscribers. Connecting
I don't think is doing what you want here - it doesn't disconnect the
first one, so as you add the second it starts round-robin balancing
between them, starting with the first one (again). I would take a look
at the guide (http://zguide.zeromq.org/), and see whether that clears
up some of the basic requirements.

Ian