[zeromq-dev] Android UnsatisfiedLinkError

Victor Perron victor at iso3103.net
Tue Aug 21 17:09:57 CEST 2012

Dear Will,

I recall having had some issues with unresolved C++ symbols. The issue is
that depending on the Android OS version, it may be embedded different
versions of the libstdc++ also. I thought that using my method (
--enable-static --disable-shared configure line ) did actually statically
import those symbols into the final binary; since you're one of the first
to report this since a long time.

I can't test that on Android 2.3.5 unfortunately, but both versions have
been tested on AOSP 4.0+ and 2.3.7 without much issues.
I've seen kind of a fix for the same issue, could you try it ?

Here is the link :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6224163/android-ndk-r5b-external-build-and-supc-link-problem

If that doesn't solve the issue, I'll take a look, but that could take some
time since I'm quite busy atm.

Best regards,

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Will Heger <will.heger at gmail.com> wrote:

> When deploying to both a Motorola Photon (2.3.5) and Galaxy Player 4.0
> (also 2.3.5 android) I get an error like this in my zmq.jar/libjzmq.so
> linked project.
>
> Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Cannot load library:
> reloc_library[1312]: 80 cannot locate '__cxa_begin_catch'...
> Full trace is here:
> http://pastebin.com/0ZXY1hwE
>

> The jar and so were built by following these instructions:
> http://www.zeromq.org/build:android#toc2 (3.x)
>
> I noticed no problems during make.
>
> They are included in the project this way:
> ./libs/armeabi
> ./libs/armeabi/libjzmq.so
> ./libs/zmq.jar
>

> The jar was compiled with Sun/Oracle Java 6 (something I had wrong the
> first time with 1.7) on a Debian machine via Eclipse.  Moving the
> libjzmq.so somewhere wrong (or into a jni folder with an Android.mk file)
> threw the same exception but with a "can't locate file" value, so I believe
> the app is finding the .so file correctly in the above pastebin'd error.
>
> Thanks in advance, any help is greatly very appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
> -Will

Victor