[zeromq-dev] Android UnsatisfiedLinkError

Will Heger will.heger at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:37:09 CEST 2012

When deploying to both a Motorola Photon (2.3.5) and Galaxy Player 4.0
(also 2.3.5 android) I get an error like this in my zmq.jar/libjzmq.so
linked project.

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Cannot load library:
reloc_library[1312]: 80 cannot locate '__cxa_begin_catch'...
Full trace is here:
http://pastebin.com/0ZXY1hwE

The jar and so were built by following these instructions:
http://www.zeromq.org/build:android#toc2 (3.x)

I noticed no problems during make.

They are included in the project this way:
./libs/armeabi
./libs/armeabi/libjzmq.so
./libs/zmq.jar

The jar was compiled with Sun/Oracle Java 6 (something I had wrong the
first time with 1.7) on a Debian machine via Eclipse.  Moving the
libjzmq.so somewhere wrong (or into a jni folder with an Android.mk file)
threw the same exception but with a "can't locate file" value, so I believe
the app is finding the .so file correctly in the above pastebin'd error.

Thanks in advance, any help is greatly very appreciated.

Best regards,
-Will