[zeromq-dev] trying to tango with JZMQ

Victor Perron victor at iso3103.net
Wed Aug 15 10:58:37 CEST 2012

Hello,

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 5:33 AM, ramesh chandra <adroitus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for these dumb question.
>
> 1. I have configured ZMQ and JZMQ on server. Will I need to install JZMQ
> on client machine as well ?

1. No, just make sure you are using compatible major versions (and we're
working on the interunderstanding of those)

Reason: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no
> jzmq in java.library.path

1bis: Yes if you need to use JZMQ from Java on the client. JZMQ is no more
than a wrapper that gives you access to a proper JAR library that contains
the ZMQ class.

> 2. If the server is a 64 bit machine and the client is 32, is there a
> likely conflict ? I read something like this on Storm discussion.

2. I don't think so. I have no problem making an ARM phone and a
64bit-server communicate, so it should not be an issue.

> 3. Is there a maven option for JZMQ (will be helpful in an OSGI
> environment )?

3. There is a pom.xml in the jzmq package :)

> 4. Does JZMQ support ZMQ 3.2 ?

4. I'm not totally sure of that; the api between 3.2 and 2.2 changed a lot,
but I'm not sure if it's an additive change only or not.

> Sorry again if these questions are annoying, but I am still unable to
> get my head around jzmq.
>
> Appreciate any help.
>
> kind regards,
> Ramesh