[zeromq-dev] Error 127

ramesh adroitus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:52:06 CEST 2012

I installed "jar" and it went fine till this point where I got warning.

dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture amd64
dpkg-source --before-build jzmq
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: debhelper (>= 7)
libzmq-dev sun-java6-jdk | openjdk-6-jdk libpgm-dev
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied;
aborting.
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: (Use -d flag to override.)

So I tried with -d and got Error 127.

dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Alois Bělaška <alois.belaska at gmail.com>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture amd64
dpkg-source --before-build jzmq
debian/rules clean
dh_testdir
make: dh_testdir: Command not found
make: *** [clean] Error 127
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules clean gave error exit status 2

Is it advisable to go with OpenJDK rather than Oracle ?

regards,
Ramesh