[zeromq-dev] ZMTP/1.1, comments

Martin Hurton hurtonm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 14:18:03 CEST 2012

I went through the ZMTP/1.1 specification and have two questions:

ZMTP/1.1 specify, that the first message ever exchanged over the
connection should consists of two frames: challenge frame and either
identity of anonymous frame.
The challenge frame is specified as:
    challenge  = %x04 %x00 version socket-type more

The first byte is length: 4 bytes
The second one should be flags; please note that MORE bit is 0
The last byte is more, which is later defined as 0x01

Should not the specification require that the flags field of the
challenge frame have the MORE bit set to 1 (so that the next frame is
properly signaled)?

Also, the specification defines the LABEL bit which should be set to 1
to mark label frame (I think both identity and anonymous frames
qualify as label frames).
But the flag fields for those frames are not specified to have the
LABEL bit set to 1.

Should not the specification require that the flags field for the
identity and anonymous frame have the LABEL bit set to 1?

Thanks,
- Martin