[zeromq-dev] Using zeromq pub/sub with persistant identities

Ian Barber ian.barber at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 11:46:10 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM, Ross McKillop <ross at rsmck.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> I was under the impression with PUSH / PULL it wouldn't retrieve messages sent
> when, for any reason, the PULL is down

I would take a look at the guide - http://zguide.zeromq.org/page:all -
and the documentation to see what the different sockets will do when
they hit HWM.

> For what it's worth - it does work as I expected it to - but I'll look at using PUSH
> and PULL instead.  Out of interest why can't identity be used on more than one
> publisher all connecting to the same subscriber ?

It wont actually break in that scenario, but neither is it adding
anything of value to the setup, and it will break in other scenarios.
What were you hoping setting the identity in this way would do?

Ian