[zeromq-dev] Using zeromq pub/sub with persistant identities

Ross McKillop ross at rsmck.co.uk
Wed Aug 8 23:34:01 CEST 2012

On 8 Aug 2012, at 20:55, Ian Barber <ian.barber at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) You want PUSH and PULL - have the producers PUSH messages to one
> PULL socket which aggregates. Have the PUSHes connect(), the PULL
> bind()

Thanks,

I was under the impression with PUSH / PULL it wouldn't retrieve messages sent
when, for any reason, the PULL is down

> 2) Don't use the same identity on multiple sockets. In this case, you
> don't need identity at all, but in general, you don't want to have
> multiple sockets with the same one.

For what it's worth - it does work as I expected it to - but I'll look at using PUSH
and PULL instead.  Out of interest why can't identity be used on more than one
publisher all connecting to the same subscriber ?

Regards,
Ross