[zeromq-dev] Using zeromq pub/sub with persistant identities

Ian Barber ian.barber at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 21:55:12 CEST 2012

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Ross McKillop <ross at rsmck.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've got a relatively simple application (i think) for zeromq.  Essentially I'm trying to
> generate messages from X number of servers and capture them on one central one
> (similar to a centralised log server perhaps)

I would recommend reading the guide, it'll help get some of the
concepts. In this case though:

1) You want PUSH and PULL - have the producers PUSH messages to one
PULL socket which aggregates. Have the PUSHes connect(), the PULL
bind()
2) Don't use the same identity on multiple sockets. In this case, you
don't need identity at all, but in general, you don't want to have
multiple sockets with the same one.

Ian