[zeromq-dev] fire up new subscribers

andrea crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 13:44:53 CEST 2012

2012/8/8 Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com>:
> A PUB socket doesn't tell the app how many SUB sockets are connected.
> You can do this using an XPUB socket and then each subscription set or
> cleared on the SUB socket will appear on the XPUB socket. This is
> (though I've not tried it) one way to know what's going on with
> subscribers.

Nice thanks, XPUB is not mentioned in the guide though, only
http://www.zeromq.org/whitepapers:0mq-3-0-pubsub

Another possible when I want to make sure that the are only N processes might be
- send a signal to all the subscribers to quit
- fire up again all the workers
but I'll have a look at XPUB first it's probably better