[zeromq-dev] ZMQ Freezing Windows

Steve Hawkins shawkins at evosus.com
Tue Aug 7 22:29:42 CEST 2012

I would temporarily un-install it. In the post link the user kyledj un-installed it and that was the remedy. My recommendation is shaped by our experience with ESET among our customer base. More than a few times we suspected ESET was getting in the way. We disabled it, and the problem remained. We un-installed it, the problem went away. Therefore I don't trust ESET's "disabled" to mean actually disabled completely. Perhaps part of it is, but not the part that counts.

I don't have the option of un-installing it at my company (group policy setting). Therefore I created an exception for my application.