[zeromq-dev] ZMQ Freezing Windows

Dave R. anemailfordave at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 10:39:50 CEST 2012

Sorry, it looks like what I wrote was not clear. I didn't change the ZMQ
stuff, I'm using the packaged library from NuGet.  All I changed was the
example code from the ZMQ guide lruqueue2 example to make the "Hello"
messages unique. I also set the HWM on all the sockets to 10.

To be totally clear, the problem is happening with the unmodified sample
code from the ZMQ guide and the packaged library.

ZMessage isn't included in the NuGet library so I took that from
https://github.com/imatix/zguide/blob/master/examples/C%23/zmsg.cs.

The example code (  http://zguide.zeromq.org/cs:lruqueue2  ) creates 10
clients (1 socket each) and 3 workers (also 1 socket each) and a broker (2
sockets) so the total number of sockets used is 15. The code doesn't do
anything silly like keep recreating the sockets so only 15 sockets are
being created.