[zeromq-dev] zeromq is asynchronous?

andrea crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 20:32:51 CEST 2012

I was wondering the following thing, why is zeromq supposed to be
asynchronous?

For example when I do

socket.send or socket.recv isn't my application actually blocking?
The asynchronous that I think about is setting a callback when an event
happens..

Which leads me to the next question, suppose I want to watch live some
processes and be able to communicate with them, how am I supposed to
query the process?

My guess is that I need two threads in each process, one listening on
the zeromq sockets and the other one doing the actual job, is that correct?