[zeromq-dev] Route to specific papa through broker

Lennon Pulda lennon.p at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 08:11:06 CEST 2012

I'm attempting to route to a specific REP socket while using a broker... I
read the guide around
http://zguide.zeromq.org/page:all#Address-based-Routing, although not
getting what I expect when using QUEUE device as a broker; I want to do
address-based routing through a QUEUE device, is it possible? Or do I have
to make a special broker?

My use-case is a "command broker". There are named workers, REP connections
that have zmq.IDENTITY, and there are "consoles" which are clients that
send "commands" to the workers, addressing them by identity. A broker is in
between to allow easy connect /disconnect of consoles and workers. Picture
describes better:
http://imgur.com/mGCLp

Note this use case is not LRU or load balancing, it's routing to a specific
REP by name (identity) and replying to the source REQ. Is it possible to
achieve this with a broker?

This is what I roughly gathered from the guide but I wasn't able to get
specific routing:
http://pastebin.com/QsSnSf1U

Cheers