[zeromq-dev] HA: I lost a bet

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Wed Apr 25 18:43:51 CEST 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Sergey Hripchenko
<shripchenko at intermedia.net> wrote:

> Sorry to touch these sensitive things, but just wanted to comment that still you will need someone to be an architect and to know the deepest ZMQ implementation details.
> The most valuable help for my commits was from Martin off the list.
>
> I found some issues with ZMQ and still don't know whom to ask/talk about it.

Sergey, the only way these things can work is that people like
yourself with the talent learn from those like Martin with the
knowledge. If it's too hard to learn, or there are barriers, then that
knowledge remains in one person's mind (which has been our story up to
now). Which is not safe or sustainable.

Spreading the core knowledge is one goal I think we can agree on.
Having a wider set of contributors also means we focus on the right
problems and do them better (like your unbind/disconnect work).