[zeromq-dev] Message-on-expiration hacked into Redis

Steffen Mueller mail at steffen-mueller.net
Fri Apr 6 15:35:22 CEST 2012

Hi Lourens,

On 04/05/2012 08:45 AM, Lourens Naudé wrote:
> I've got similar experiments, but for all state changes, at
> https://github.com/methodmissing/redis/commits/zmq
>
> Here's some usage examples : https://gist.github.com/a767acd4ca8df0e9f528

sorry for not answering earlier. I've been looking at your work and it's
indeed a lot more comprehensive in hooking into redis than what I did.
My original idea was to allow Lua hooks to be executed as hooks on
certain actions, but the actual use case I have is simply recovering any
data that is expired and doing so rather efficiently and in a way that
is unlikely to block the Redis server for too long.

I've been sidetracked into Easter holidays with family, but I'll take a
closer look at your work again next week.

Best regards,
Steffen