[zeromq-dev] JZMQ in Tomcat

Guillermo Sandoval gsandoval at darchitect.org
Fri Sep 30 17:00:30 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

I'm a contractor for Authentic Response and we currently are using zmq for
the architecture of our applications. Most of them, are written in Java
which makes your binding pretty important. Currently we are trying to fix an
issue we have running jzmq in Tomcat: each time we redeploy the application
using zmq because of the way ZMQ.java statically load the native library it
tries to load it again, but since the JVM is not restarting (only the web
application) it fails saying that the library is already in the classloader,
and from that point on all hell breaks loose.

I've been reading Tomcat solution for this kind of problems and they suggest
having a second application, which will never be redeployed and which only
purpose would be to load the native library. This is the path we're
following. However I was wondering if you guys had already thought about a
solution for this, and if so, if you could share it so we can implement it.

Needless to say that we are eager to share this changes with the community.

--

*Guillermo Sandoval*

*Software Developer*
*c. +521-55 1437 0192*