[zeromq-dev] Loosing first message with PGM

Emmanuel TAUREL taurel at esrf.fr
Thu Sep 29 17:29:34 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 29/09/2011 15:18, Steven McCoy wrote:
> On 29 September 2011 04:26, Emmanuel TAUREL <taurel at esrf.fr
> <mailto:taurel at esrf.fr>> wrote:
>
>     I am able to manually trigger the PGM publisher to publish 1 multipart
>     message.
>
>     Then I see the ODATA packet sent by the first PGM message from the
>     publisher host.
>     This packet is followed by several SPM packets but it does not make my
>     thread to return from the zmq::poll() call!
>

> Is this specific to multi-part?
Yes, it seems to be.
It's not easy to change my application that it uses single message
instead of multi-part.
My messages are 4 part messages. If I send only the first part
(commented out the send() call for the last 3 parts),
then the subscriber thread is awaken by the first message (which is not
the case when using multi-part message)

It also seems that the packets exchanged on the network are not the
same. When sending only the first part of the message, wireshark shows only
one ODATA packet (no more SPM packets after the ODATA packet).

Regards

Emmanuel