[zeromq-dev] network topology sketch -- off topic

Whit Armstrong armstrong.whit at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 16:33:58 CEST 2011

Does anyone know of a tool that allows one to easily draw network
topology in ascii (other than a text editor)?

I have some design pattern questions per using my rzmq package with
Amazon EC2 which are much better expressed as drawings rather than
descriptions.

I know there are a lot of examples on the zmq website, so I thought
you all might know of something which can direct output to ascii
instead of png.

I know about 'dot' but it's a little overkill for what I'm trying to
do (http://www.graphviz.org/), and I'm not sure it renders to ascii.

Thanks,
Whit