[zeromq-dev] market data feed handler

Daniel Cegiełka daniel.cegielka at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 19:50:36 CEST 2011

W dniu 28 września 2011 18:17 użytkownik Martin Sustrik
<sustrik at 250bpm.com>napisał:

> On 09/28/2011 06:01 PM, Daniel Cegiełka wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I want to prepare the market data feed handler and I look at possible
>> solutions. It would be nice if one could benefit from the topics
>> filtering and multicast (more than 5 clients). This topic probably has
>> already been occasionally discussed (http://whaleshark.zeromq.org/**),
>> but
>> ask about witch scheme (PUB/SUB, pgm) would be recommended for this type
>> of solution.
>>
>> Can anyone share their experience and thoughts on this?
>>

> It should definitely be PUB/SUB.
>
> However, as for the transport you should decide based on the traffic
> profile.
>
> If sum of data received by all the consumers exceeds the amount of data
> sent, use PGM.
>
> Otherwise use TCP.

I suppose it is not possible to use a PUB/SUB and filtering
(message-matching) in combination with the PGM? I noticed that if there is
thread about the feed handler there is often used PGM. Thats why I'm
interested experience of others in this topic...

regards,
daniel