[zeromq-dev] ZMQ occupies random TCP ports on Windows

Brad LaFountain blafountain at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 17:49:02 CEST 2011

 When i was looking into this problem, there is some good discussions
about IOCP and 0mq almost seems like it would have been nice to have this on
a wiki somewhere, because the topic keeps coming up and it took me awhile to
find all of the posts.

 I don't know the internals of 0mq very well, but from what i could tell (at
the time) the thing that needed to be done is get the IOCP events and then
push them to an inproc queue to be polled with the the normal way 0mq does,
but i'm learning from some recent messages that inproc does some funny stuff
with ports as well.

 - brad