[zeromq-dev] ZMQ occupies random TCP ports on Windows

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Wed Sep 28 17:26:54 CEST 2011

On 09/28/2011 05:21 PM, Steven McCoy wrote:

> Should I try re-writing everything to use Windows events /semaphores/
> and WSA wait API?

The problem is that I/O threads have to wait for sockets (TCP
connections and alike) and signaler (internal commands) at the same time.

Thus, if the signaler is implemented using an event, you would need a
function to poll on both events and sockets.

AFAIK select() doesn't support that kind of thing. Which brings us back
to the IOCP discussion :|