[zeromq-dev] Any update on Precision Time Protocol (PTP)?

Daniel Cegiełka daniel.cegielka at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 10:37:08 CEST 2011

2011/9/28 Martin Sustrik <sustrik at 250bpm.com>

> On 09/28/2011 09:00 AM, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> > 2011/9/28 Noospheer Team<team at noospheer.org>:
> >> A couple weeks back there was talk of integrating PTP into 0MQ for A/V
> >> synchronization purposes. I imagine such an effective timing system
> >> would be also useful for making 0MQ HPC friendlier.
>
> The question is what exactly would the PTP be used for?

Time synchronization is extremely important in trading. PTP is a standard in
this area. You can synchronize with NTP servers with an accuracy of 1 ms.
With PTP synchronization accuracy is 10 us. Unfortunately, for greater
accuracy requires a very fast network.

best r <http://www.fsmlabs.com/products/rttimesync-for-financial-services1/>
egards,
daniel