[zeromq-dev] Logging HWM events?

Tom Wilberding tom at wilberding.com
Tue Sep 27 01:16:16 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I have an app using PUB/SUB over TCP. Is there a way to log when HWM is
reached and we have entered into an exceptional state?

We had a problem today where it appears that the PUB/SUB link went quiet
for almost 30 minutes (it is usually processing hundreds or thousands of
messages per second). Then we saw a slow trickle of very stale (i.e. 30
minutes old) messages that lasted for another 30 minutes or so before I
figured out that there was a problem and restarted the client.

What is best practice to monitor/detect full buffer and HWM?

Thanks,
Tom