[zeromq-dev] Anyone managed to use zeromq with Qt (QSocketNotifier) ?

Mikko Koppanen mikko.koppanen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 20:45:54 CEST 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM, Gaspard Bucher <gaspard at teti.ch> wrote:
> My guess is that there is something I do not understand regarding the ZMQ_FD
> file descriptor.
> Maybe it only retriggers "read-ready" if the queue has been emptied ?

Hi,

the ZMQ_FD is edge-triggered rather than level triggered, which means
that if you have multiple messages pending the readable state will be
triggered once, rather than continuously. If you read all messages in
your callback the ZMQ_FD should trigger readable event again on new
messages.

--
Mikko Koppanen