[zeromq-dev] Subscription Forwarding Issue

Robert Walters walters.robert at mail.com
Fri Sep 16 04:59:06 CEST 2011

Hi All,

 We are testing the subscription forwarding in 3.0.1. We have based our test code on the test_sub_forward.cpp file. We subscribe from the client, and see that the subscription is forwarded via the XPUB/XSUB mechanism. The client is filtering the packages based on our subscription but still receiving all the pacakages (looking at the tcpip traffic in wireshark). We assumed the filterting would be done at the publisher end. Are we doing something wrong?

 Cheers,
 Robert