[zeromq-dev] Zero copy messages

Emmanuel TAUREL taurel at esrf.fr
Thu Sep 15 17:18:08 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I am using ZMQ 3.0.x  running on a Ubuntu 10.10 box (32 bits).
I am using the PUB/SUB pattern. The publisher sends multipart messages.
I am trying to use zero copy messages in the publisher side.
The buffer I give to the zmq messages are statically allocated. They are
data member of one object which has the process lifetime.
Therefore, my free method is empty.

Because it is zero copy, I assume that ZMQ does not copy the buffer
contents.
Is it true that I should keep these buffers unchanged until the free
method is called?

Thank's very much for your answers

Emmanuel Taurel