[zeromq-dev] exiting without missing messages

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Wed Sep 14 17:56:32 CEST 2011

2011/9/14 Martin Sustrik <sustrik at 250bpm.com>:

>> I am pretty sure this is going to happen, since it really does not
>> make any sense to re-implement e.g. the majordomo pattern for every
>> app.

There is a large sane middle ground in between implementing a
high-level pattern in every app, and implementing it in the core.

That is, to collect working implementations in different languages.
For Majordomo, for example, we need a client, worker, and sometimes, a
broker (since one can usually use a broker in any language). We've got
this in C, PHP, Python, Haxe, and Lua. It'd be great to get Java as
well, that's such a widely-used language.