[zeromq-dev] Embedded Systems

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Sep 6 00:23:19 CEST 2011

Ilya,

There are at least two independent implementations of ZMTP/1.0, the Bash and
the JavaScript stacks. The Bash stack is a 1-liner that sends a message
(like a PUSH or DEALER or PUB socket).

It should be quite straight-forward to write tiny, non-optimized stacks for
the various socket patterns. E.g. using blocking writes and reads, for
example. The difficulty starts when you want the code to run rapidly, and
handle many connections in parallel, and work over multiple transports.

If anyone is interested collaborating on a micro-0MQ stack in C over TCP,
just shout.

-Pieter
.