[zeromq-dev] Embedded Systems

Ilya Dmitrichenko errordeveloper at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 13:41:05 CEST 2011

Hi,

Here is another question that bothers me quite a bit.

I had been working with low-power wireless (802.15.4) using Contiki
operating system, some of you may have heard of embedded TCP/IP
stack called uIP. Contiki is essentially built on uIP.

These networks are using what is called 6loWPAN, very optimised
version of IPv6 on top of 802.15.4 networks. Contiki provides various
basic network programming abstractions, I personally have used
TCP and it worked fine, though it'd be much more interesting to
incorporate such robust technology as 0MQ into a 6loWPAN network.

So my question is, what sort of bare minimum is required to implement
some part of 0MQ on a very resource constrained client device ?

Regards,
--
Ilya