[zeromq-dev] Any way to flush or clear or manage ports?

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Sun Sep 4 07:33:09 CEST 2011

On 09/03/2011 07:18 PM, Marc Ilgen wrote:
> I'm using Windows Vista, and using version 2.1.7 of 0MQ. I'd like to get a
> solution that clears ports on any modern Windows system (Win7, Vista, XP)

Two thoughts:

1. Aren't you running the listining process in the debugger? In theory,
when it fails under debugger it may not correctly release all listening
ports as the debugging process doesn't really exit.

2. It may be some windows-specific behaviour. In any case try checking
which process uses the port (eg. "netstat -o -n -a | findstr :80" and
look up the process ID in the task manager).