[zeromq-dev] Assertion using ZMQ 3.0.x

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Fri Sep 2 12:54:23 CEST 2011

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Emmanuel TAUREL <taurel at esrf.fr> wrote:

>> Can you check whether attached patch helps with the problem?
> Yes it does. It now works. The publisher(s) processes survive to a
> CTRL^C sent to the subscriber.
>
> Is a Jira issue needed?

If you consider this a new issue, it's best to create a new Jira issue
for it. Mainly, it helps other people who might hit the same assertion
to see what's fixed, when.

The way I like to double-check the fixes is that you retest from git
master after I've applied the patch (as you did already) and then you
can close the issue to indicate you're happy with it.

This seems like extra work but it catches mistakes.