[zeromq-dev] debugging ZMQ

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Sat Nov 19 18:58:55 CET 2011

Kevin,

These are standard concerns with 0MQ development. There is no simple
answer. It does depend on the type of socket you're using, since PUB
and ROUTER sockets will simply drop messages if there's no-one to send
to. In general the simplest way to trace activity is to print messages
as you send and recv them, and run your tests with small numbers of
messages so you can follow exactly what's going on.

-Pieter