[zeromq-dev] Lazy Pirate

Daniel Truemper truemped at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 18 10:40:04 CET 2011

Hi List,

I have a question regarding the Lazy Pirate Pattern. Basically I am trying to figure out how I can use something similar in a completely asynchronous way, i.e. having a client and worker using Tornado from pyzmq.

One question would be regarding the closing and reconnecting of the client: if I have send multiple requests across the socket, have an error with one message and reconnect the socket to the broker, would the client still get all the other responses? Should the client set an explicit identity? Why is the reconnect necessary?

The asynchronous worker seems pretty straight forward, although I've experienced problems when one worker crashes. For some reason all other workers stopped working as well. This should really be a problem on my side, but I am grateful for any ideas :)

Best
Daniel