[zeromq-dev] NYSE OpenMAMA

Daniel Cegiełka daniel.cegielka at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 23:35:42 CET 2011

W dniu 2 listopada 2011 23:31 użytkownik Martin Sustrik
<sustrik at 250bpm.com> napisał:
> On 11/02/2011 10:19 PM, Daniel Cegiełka wrote:
>
>> If ZeroMQ wants to compete harder in this area, the MAMA as soon as
>> possible should be supported. This is an opportunity for ZeroMQ.
>
> 0MQ/MAMA bridge would be nice as it would allow:
>
> 1. Existing MAMA deployments switch to 0MQ instead of Tibco RV, LBM or
> similar.
> 2. Existing MAMA applications speak to pure 0MQ, non-MAMA components.
>
> However, I don't see this happening anytime soon. Those who would benefit
> most from such a bridge and thus are most likely to implement it are trading
> companies, which, unfortunately, have also the largest incentive to keep the
> bridge private.
>
> Martin

http://www.openmama.org/what-is-openmama

The last point:

"""
Why is OpenMAMA important?

OpenMAMA enables users to embrace new middleware technologies and
applications as the market innovates. It is independent from
middleware technologies.

OpenMAMA helps organizations speed up their time-to-market deployment
for event driven applications and improve their messaging middleware
technology.

OpenMAMA has high potential for market penetration outside of the
financial sector, towards other sectors such as Telecommunication,
High Performance Computing, Web Services and Logistics.

"""

Daniel