[zeromq-dev] ZMTP/1.1 - proposal

Martin Pales m.pales at gmail.com
Thu May 19 11:46:32 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Martin Pales <m.pales at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > There are separate control frames and data frames. Control frames contain
> > version and type.
>
> I guess it's nicer in some ways than a separate version header. How
> about versioning data frames?

IMHO, versioning data frames is not really needed. Every connection starts
with a greeting and it should be sufficient to check the version on
connection setup.

> Well, multiplexing seems like a good idea but in practice... we've not
> had great experience with it. I'd probably use it only for bridging.

Yup. I am aware of the disadvantages. Yet for some use cases it's
applicable.

Anyway, this is just a suggestion with no real priority. The focus should be
in those areas where zeromq really shines. Multiplexing can be achieved by
having either SCTP or SPDY transport.