[zeromq-dev] Improving zeromq in OOM conditions

Ilja Golshtein ilejncs at narod.ru
Tue May 17 10:24:15 CEST 2011

17.05.2011, 10:58, "Martin Sustrik" <sustrik at 250bpm.com>:
> On 05/17/2011 08:21 AM, Reuben Morais wrote:
>
>>  I'd love to see that happening. Currently I'm using 0MQ on a gameserver,
>>  and linking against libstdc++ causes all sorts of weird issues on some
>>  platforms.
>
> AFAIK not using STL won't remove the dependency on stdlibc++ :(

Why?

libsupc++ library which is a part of gcc distribution addresses the desire to build C++ application without
native STL support. It is widely used by developers who require special STL libraries or something.

The keypoint - not use g++ to link. If it makes sense I can provide further details.

I am 100% sure similar solution exists in MS Visual C++ and 99% sure it is possible
for other platforms.

--
Best regards,
Ilja Golshtein.